Wednesday 7 December 2011

It all started with a night in Milton Keynes...

Saturday 26th November 2011 - continuing celebratory birthday meal and drinks with friends in Milton Keynes. The night started so well with a lovely meal at Turtle Bay followed by a couple of Mojitos around the hub. As the bars started to close around the hub we looked at continuing the night at the Xscape.

We stopped for one drink at the Moon Under Water followed by heading over to Revolution to dance the night away. Revoultion wanted £8 each to enter the club so we decide to get a taxi back to the hotel. Before we did this, 2 of my friends wanted a ride on the Bungee Ball, being afaid of hights, i declined but did take some pictures, this is when it happened.


It all happened so quickly, one moment i was stood taking a photo, the next, I was on the floor, legs a kimber (and in a lot of pain). Knowing I had done something serious, my husband and friends scopped me up off the floor and got us a taxi to Milton Keynes A&E.

The staff were very helpful and assertive and quickly ascertained what was wrong with me.

After an X-ray and plaster cast, I was told I had dislocated my ankle and fractured the right lateral malleolus in 3 places. within 3 hours I was in plaster and admitted to a ward where i would await an operation the following day.



The doctors, nurses and staff at MK hospital were exceptional and explained everything clearly and really helpful in making sure I was dealt with as a priority.

All that was left to do at 4am was to get some rest and see what tomorrow had in store.

After some rest, I was visited by the consultant who advised I would have an operation to conduct internal fixation and would be in plaster cast for 6-8 weeks. The operation was to be performed Sunday afternoon and fingers crossed I would be allowed home on Monday.

At around 5pm, the nurse came to see me to say they had had to postpone my operation until Monday but on the plus side I could eat a Sunday dinner and get some more sleep.

Monday finally came and before I had chance to think about breakfast, I was wheeled down to Thearter for my operation. I'm not going to lie, I was petrified of being put to sleep but looking forward to be able to go home.

2 Hours later, I was taken back to my room where husband and mum were waiting to see me as was a sandwich and a much needed drink.

Within a coupld of hours the physio came to see me and gave me a trial run out on my crutches and they were happy I could be sent home the next day. I was a very happy lady indeed.

Tuesday morning arrived and so did my discharge note. Hurray, I was on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment